Mounjaro Injection is an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved prescription medication. The active ingredient in this injection is Tirzepatide. Generally, it comes in a pen-like inject able form. It helps in managing blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes.The medicine should be taken in addition to a healthy diet and regular exercise. This medication is not prescribed for patients with type 1 diabetes.
Mounjaro injection is available only as a brand-name medication and not in generic form. A generic drug is a replica of the active ingredient found in a medication with a brand name. Generic drugs are virtually less expensive than their brand-name equivalents.
Type 2 Diabetes In Brief
Type 2 Diabetes is a chronic medical condition identified by high blood sugar levels (glucose). The body either does not produce enough insulin, the hormone that regulates blood sugar, or the cells become resistant to the effects of insulin. This leads to an increase in blood sugar levels and can cause various health problems.
The risks associated with Type 2 Diabetes include cardiovascular disease, stroke, high blood pressure, blindness, kidney disease, nerve damage, and amputations. Additionally, people with diabetes are at a higher risk of developing infections, particularly in the feet, which can lead to serious complications.
Poor management of Type 2 Diabetes can also lead to serious long-term health problems, including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, blindness, and amputations. People with Type 2 Diabetes are also at an increased risk for depression, anxiety, and other mental health problems.
Preventing or delaying the onset of Type 2 Diabetes can reduce these risks. Famous Canadian pharmacy Polar Bear Meds offers a Mounjaro injection that can be a boon in achieving our old healthy self. In addition to this, lifestyle changes like maintaining a healthy diet, engaging in regular physical activity, quitting smoking, and managing stress levels. Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels, working with a healthcare provider, and taking medications as prescribed can also help to manage and control Type 2 Diabetes.
Dosage of Mounjaro Injection
Mounjaro is injected into the skin in the thigh, abdomen, or upper arm as instructed by the doctor in a gap of every 7 days. You have to change the site for injection every time.
Generally, the starting dose of Mounjaro 2.5 mg is once a week for four weeks. After a period of four weeks, your physician will decide whether or not to raise your dosage to 5 mg once each week.
The dosage can differ from person to person depending on their medical condition and their body’s response to treatment. As this medication has certain side effects, your doctor might prescribe a lower dosage, like 2.5mg, and then gradually increase it. The Mounjaro 2.5mg pen can be taken at any hour, with or without food.
How Quickly Does Mounjaro Work?
Mounjaro (generic name: tirzepatide) will start showing results like lowering your blood sugar levels immediately, but it can easily take 8 to 12 weeks to reach your target A1C goal.
It would be wise to religiously follow your doctor’s instructions.
If you take more Mounjaro than prescribed, you should consult your physician as soon as possible. An excessively high dose of this medication might cause hypoglycemia, often known as low blood sugar, and make you feel ill.
Injecting Mounjaro with insulin at the same time is not suggested.
Side Effects Of Mounjaro
This medication can have few after-effects like all medicines. However, not everybody gets them:
- Feeling sick (nausea) and weakness,
- dizziness or light-headedness
- blurred vision, anxiety, irritability
- mood changes, sweating, headache, or elevated heartbeat
- feeling jittery or shakiness
- Severe difficulties with digesting meals or food that stays in your stomach for a longer period of time than is normal (including severe gastroparesis).
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Severe pain in the stomach
- You have an eye disease (diabetic retinopathy or macular edema).
Correct Way To Store Mounjaro
- It is important to keep this medication closely guarded and out of the reach of youngsters.
- Do not use this medicine strictly beyond the expiry date stated on the pen label and the carton.
- Keep in the refrigerator between 2-8 degrees Celsius. Do not freeze. DO NOT USE the pen if it has been frozen in any way.
- Store in the original packaging and keep away from the light.
- Mounjaro can be stored unrefrigerated at a temperature not above 30 °C for up to 21 cumulative days, and then the pen must be discarded.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pen is damaged, or the medicine is cloudy and discolored.
We sincerely advise you not to throw away these types of medicines via wastewater or household waste. Consult with your pharmacist for proper disposal of no longer used or needed medicines. Steps like these help protect the environment.
How To Test The Credibility Of The Pharmacy Supplying Mounjaro Injection?
Medicine fraudulence has been climbing the graph with every passing day. It is getting easier to buy and supply fake drugs from pharma companies online. A large number of websites are selling medicines through cheap and illegitimate practices. While buying Mounjaro injection online may seem convenient and cheap, a little cautiousness can avoid highly risky and life-threatening problems.
Some websites that sell prescription medications make false claims about having a license from a Canadian pharmacy regulating body.
Following are the ways to check if the pharmacy is real-
- You can visit the website of the pharmacy regulatory authority in the province or territory where the online pharmacy has registered itself as a licensed pharmacy.
- The genuineness of an online pharmacy can also be confirmed through the Pharmacy Verified Websites Program, a website verification program.
- It is mandatory for a legitimate Canadian pharmacy and its owner to be licensed in one of the territories of Canada. Customers can trust the enlisted pharmacy.
Mounjaro 2.5mg injection from Canadian pharmacies is an affordable option for people who cannot purchase the medication at a lower cost in the United States. However, it is important to note that purchasing medication from foreign pharmacies can have risks. This includes receiving counterfeit or expired medications, which can be dangerous to a person’s health. It is recommendable to get an expert advice. Ensure you follow regulations and guidelines for importing medication before making a purchase.