This post, What Did Roe v Wade Protect will inform our readers about the U.S. supreme court ruling on abortion law and what people think about it.
What was the people’s reaction after the United States supreme court overturned the landmark judgment of Roe v. Wade? What had president Joe Biden said after this Judgment? Americans have come out of their homes to oppose after the supreme court overturned Roe v. Wade judgment on 24 June 2022. Please continue reading What Did Roe v Wade Protect to learn more about this post.
Supreme Court’s Judgement On Abortion Law And Roe v. Wade case
- Supreme court has passed the Judgment on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization which overturned Roe v. Wade Judgment (passed in 1973), giving women constitutional abortion rights.
- Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization’s Judgment clearly states that women are not legalized to have an abortion intentionally or knowingly after 15 weeks except in a medical emergency.
- The Supreme court ruled that the U.S. Constitution does not confer any Constitutional and fundamental rights to abortion, overturning Roe and Casey.
What All Did Roe v Wade Protect
- Roe v. Wade was a landmark judgment passed in 1973 that protects women’s right to choose to have an abortion. Simultaneously it declares that the law of the US protects women’s rights if they want to go for abortion.
- Following Roe v. Wade judgment, another judgment, Casey v. Planned Parenthood, was passed to have an abortion right for women but with some alterations.
- Now Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization has overruled this Judgment, specifically Roe v. Wade and Casey v. Planned Parenthood.
Why are Americans protesting with banners like “safe abortion is a human right “? If you want to know, kindly continue reading What All Did Roe v Wade Protect.
- The Supreme court states that it is forbidden to have an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy except for some medical emergencies. Now all the states will act according to this Decision.
People’s protest of the abortion law and the president’s remark
- Americans are protesting abortion law because, according to them, it is a women’s liberty to give birth to a child or not; protesters believe that “forced motherhood is illegitimate.”
- President Joe Biden said in his speech that this Judgment had taken away a constitutional right from U.S citizens. He said What All Did Roe v Wade Protect women’s rights and liberty regarding her autonomy.
- He believes that because of the overturning of the Roe v. Wade case, the court has taken away the liberty and constitutional right of U.S. citizens, which were already guaranteed. He added that the court took America 150 years back.
We have informed our readers about the latest supreme court judgment on abortion law in the U.S and what people think about it, and also the president’s remake. For more information, visit this link
Was this article What Did Roe v Wade Protect helpful? Please let us know