A wealthy person is ready to get citizenship in one of the hot resort countries to be able to go on vacation, do business and do it visa-free. And it’s also a great way to make a good profit by renting out the real estate you bought. English is the official language here, and Christianity – the main religion. What are the pros of the Dominican Republic and St. Kitts, what are the requirements and advantages of obtaining a passport in each of these countries, we’ll find out in this comparison.
St Kitts Citizenship by Investment Program
The St. Kitts passport is one of the best in the Caribbean and ranks 55th. More than 140 countries of the world are open to holders of such a document in a visa-free regime.
The citizenship program for grants in this country has been in effect since 1984. St. Kitts CBI offers a program by which an investor with a family can get a passport in just 2 months by giving a certain amount of money. This immigration scheme has become very successful due to its speed, reliability and affordability. One only needs to invest in the country and get the desired document.
To receive St. Kitts Citizenship by investment, the applicant must choose one way: to make a contribution to the state development fund or to buy real estate. If you choose to make a cash investment, you will need to contribute $125,000 to the state development fund. The money is not refundable and does not imply any income for the investor.
St. Kitts citizenship by investment in real estate involves several options:
- Contribution to an infrastructure or social real estate project – from $175,000.
- A share or an entire project that is approved by the government to participate in the program. These can be properties such as 5-star hotels, resort complexes, villas, apartments and others – $200,000.
- Buying a home for your own use that has been approved for the program.
If you have chosen the last two options, you can get your money back by renting or selling real estate after 7 years.
Applicants can only be adult citizens over the age of 18. The investor undergoes a solvency check and a medical examination to confirm the absence of a serious illness.
Obtaining identity documents in St. Kitts has a number of undeniable advantages:
- In the complex, the citizenship procedure takes 6 months. However, there is a fast-track procedure where it only takes 2 months to become a citizen.
- Those who have such a passport have access to a loyal tax system, due to the absence of income, inheritance and gift taxation. The principal applicant can include spouses, children under 30, siblings under 30, parents and older relatives over the age of 55.
- There is no state fee when contributing to the fund and buying social real estate.
This is by no means the entire list of benefits that open up to the investor with the acquisition of citizenship in this country.
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Program
Dominica CBI brings a lot of advantages. This country’s passport ranks 78th and allows visa-free travel to more than 140 countries. Dominica’s favorable migration policy offers a variety of ways to obtain visas. By investing $100,000, an applicant can get an identity document in the Dominican Republic in 3 months.
Anyone can obtain Dominica citizenship. Stana offers two options:
- A contribution of $100,000 or more to develop the state, non-refundable. The amount varies depending on certain nuances.
- Investment in the state and the purchase of real estate – from 200,000 dollars. You can buy a villa, apartments, and pay in full or contribute a portion of the purchase. Real estate can be used for personal use or to rent and get from this profit.
The second option provides for the return of funds to the investor. According to the specialist Immigrant Invest Zlata Erlach, the investor can after 3 years sell the property and get his money back. As an option, you can rent out the house, receiving a stable profit, and later, to fully cover the costs spent on subsidies.
Loyal investment programs provide many advantages to investors:
- Citizens of the Dominican Republic can travel freely without a visa. This significantly expands the opportunities not only for tourism, but also for work.
- The remote processing procedure greatly simplifies the procedure. Besides, you save time.
- With a country passport, you can get a tourist visa to the United States for 10 years. This also provides a host of new opportunities for both travel and work.
- You can register your business in the country and conduct it with foreign partners. This approach will help increase the profits of your company.
The family of the main applicant can also obtain Dominican citizenship by investment. After 5 years, it is quite possible to return the invested funds.
Both countries are part of the Caribbean Commonwealth, which consists of 15 countries with one currency. The weather here is warm all year round. This means that rental properties will always be in demand and profitable. In the winter, the temperature rises and attracts a lot of tourists and the cost of living goes up. This time is a great way to earn and eventually get your money back. In addition you will always have the opportunity to relax in your own apartment and travel to other countries without having to apply for additional visas.
Contact only professionals!