How to Sell CS: Skins, as well as in-game items, can be quite expensive. Now, this can become a good source of income. Skins are the appearance of objects (in our case, virtual ones). How players look in video games, their individual items of clothing, appearance, or weapons can also be called skins.
In games (for example, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive), gamers dream of them to increase their gaming status and uniqueness. There are skins that the player gets for free, while most can be purchased. However, in popular online games like CS:GO, it is almost impossible to get unique skins for free. In most cases, players invest their own money to modify their heroes.
Where Can CS:GO Skins be Sold?
There are many marketplaces where you can sell CS:GO skins. However, the first thing to remember is that the market is simply flooded with scammers, so you need to use verified platforms for sales. Some services only allow the exchange or sale of skins for points that can be spent on the same platform. This approach is used by Steam where you can buy or sell goods, but cannot withdraw your money. Meanwhile, some sites allow you to withdraw money to electronic or crypto wallets, or directly to a bank card. However, you should also be aware that you can lose between 10 to 30% of the value of the skin on such sales. So, here are the key characteristics of the trading platform you need to search for:
- Multiple money withdrawal options: Unlike on Steam, you need to focus on the marketplaces that allow money withdrawal. Check if the platform provides the desired payment option and then proceed to registration.
- Small commissions: Keep in mind that competition is fierce and the marketplaces compete for customers. You need to focus on the trading platforms with no more than 10% commission from the deal.
- Rich assortment: Of course, the criteria mentioned above mean nothing if you don’t have a decent choice. It is worth considering the platforms that bring together skin buyers and sellers.
- Multilingual interface: If the trading platform supports multiple languages, it means that it covers a larger audience, so you will get a better choice. It also means that the platform values its reputation and invests in the promotion of the site.
- Quick customer support: It is crucial to have a quick support service at your disposal. So, before trading on a certain platform, check how the support service works.
From the huge list of alternative trading platforms, we have found a decent platform to recommend, which meets all the above-mentioned requirements. Let’s pay more attention to DMarket, one of the most reputable marketplaces for trading skins.
Is DMarket Worth Your Attention?
DMarket is a popular platform for selling CS:GO, Dota 2, Life Beyond Team Fortress 2, Rust skins, and items. You can exchange skins for real money at good prices compared to competitors and with small commissions (7%) when withdrawing to all popular payment systems: Visa/Mastercard, PayPal, Union Pay, Skrill, Neteller, and even to a crypto wallet (BTC, ETH). How does it work?
- You register on the platform and select one of the subscription plans.
- You make your first deposit by any of the methods convenient for you, and this money is converted into DMarket Coin (DMC). This internal currency is used for subscription purchases.
- Depending on the subscription plan, you are offered various cashback options and you can withdraw this money to your bank card. The minimum amount is $5.
- The money will be credited to your account within 24-48 hours depending on the amount, but usually within a couple of minutes.
There is also an interesting aspect we should mention: you can avoid passing the KYC procedure if you withdraw less than $200. For smaller transactions, the KYC procedure is not required.
DMarket is intended for a multilingual audience, respectively, the number of buyers is not limited to the list of certain countries. However, there is also an exception: – after the beginning of the large-scale aggression against Ukraine, the marketplace has stopped conducting operations in Russia and Belarus. Meanwhile, the site is available in English, German, Spanish, French, Polish, and many other languages.
DMarket has its own mobile application, so you can install it on your Android or iOS device, and follow your operations from multiple devices whenever you need. The functionality of the application is the same as the browser version of the site. A wide assortment of skins and face-to-face trading isare waiting for you. The price formation process is exclusively manual since the cost is determined by users themselves, through negotiations.
Investments in CS:GO
Investing in CS:GO items is a stable way to earn money. Here, almost all items increase in price. But for maximum earnings, it is worth buying special things. The best investment options are stickers and cases. Team stickers from major tournaments are constantly growing in price: both from popular teams and little-known ones. For example, the Astralis | Boston 2018 rate showed a five-fold increase in a year, and now it costs 15 times more than the starting price.
If you want to make short-term investments, lasting 1-2 months, then follow another scheme. On the Steam sales, all in-game items show a price reduction. Buy popular skins for AK-47 or AWP and keep them until the end of the sale. After that, start gradually putting them up for sale at the old price. The percentage of earnings varies between 20% and 40% and depends on discounts on popular games.
Now you know how and where to buy/sell your CS:GO skins. Use your knowledge to invest in CS:GO items and make a quick profit. Feel free to register on the trading platform now and withdraw real cash to your bank account.